250 HP Lycoming Engine Details
Lycoming 6-cyl Engine Details
Here are some of the variations among the 250 HP Lycoming 540-series engines.
- O-540-A1A: 8.50 compression, basic engine.
- O-540-A1A5: Same as O-540-A1A except different counterweights.
- O-540-A1B5: Same as O-540-A1A5 except short prop governor studs andtwo impulse magnetos.
- O-540-A1D5: Same as O-540-A1B5 except retard breaker magnetos.
- IO-540-C1B5: Same as O-540-A1D5 except bendix fuel injection.
- IO-540-C4B5: Same as IO-540-C1B5 except counterweights for Hartzell compact propeller. (This is the fuel injected Aztec engine.)
- IO-540-J4A5: Same as IO-540-C4B5 except conversion for turbocharger, long reach sparkplugs, piston-cooling oil jets, AN fuel pump drive, vented fuel nozzles, and -1200 series magnetos. (This is the early Turbo-Aztec engine. AirResearch turbocharging STC installed at Piper.)
- TIO-540-C1A: Same as IO-540-J4A5 except TE0659 turbocharger and low compression (7.20) pistons. (This is the later Turbo-Aztec engine.)
- TIO-540-G1A: Same as TIO-540-C1A except high compression (8.50) pistons.
- TIO-540-K1AD: Same as TIO-540-C1A except 8.00 pistons, -3200 retard breaker magnetos, pressure controller, provision for pressurization, rear mounted fuel injector, and rear mounted turbocharger.
- TIO-540-AB1AD: Similar to TIO-540-K1AD except different controller, rear mounted prop governor, bottom mounted fuel injector, relocated turbocharger, and -3000 impulse coupling magneto.
- LTIO-540-K1AD: Same as TIO-540-K1AD except left hand rotation.
Manage this object.